I created 1st draft for auto-configuration functionality. You can read it here.
18. January 2009
02. January 2009
For the past two weeks I’ve been working on a 1.2.x series.
Main features of 1.2.x:
- Advanced auto configuration feature I was talking about in September of 2008. It is mostly working and it takes under two seconds to configure. Adding a little teaser.
- To Do list management, which is in planing stages.
- I also had to implement a breaking change for Profiles folder. This change will effect only users who have si.Mail installed in Program Files folder. This is a result of more and more users using Vista, and Vista completely forbidding to write anything inside Program Files. So now if si.Mail is installed inside Program Files, Profiles are located in si.Mail folder inside your Documents folder e.g by Vista defaults C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\si.Mail\. Below is the error message you get.
si.Mail no longer supports having Profiles in sub folder when run from Program Files. Here is what you can do:
* You can force old behavior by creating an empty file named ‘profiles.force’ inside ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\si.Mail\’.
However this means that you will most probably have to run application with Administrative privileges.
* You can simply move all files and folders from ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\si.Mail\Profiles\’ to ‘C:\Users\Miha Vrhovnik\Documents\si.Mail\’.