10. January 2010
09. January 2010
I’m probably not the only one that is subscribed to a lot of mailing lists or has a really long conversations which span trough some 10s of messages. To ease the navigation between messages in the same thread I decided to move part of the thread closer to the message I’m currently reading. Starting with today’s builds there is a Message threads pane displayed at the bottom of message view pane.
This is how it works: After the message is loaded the following messages from the same thread are shown:
- parent message
- message being read message (will be colored differently)
- messages on the same level as message being read
- messages one level lower (deeper into the conversation) as message being read
Update 10.01.2010: The implementation in today’s development version actually works, but it’s still a bit rough around the edges.
07. January 2010
As some users pointed out the big red X on the account is not visible enough when there is an error on send/receive e-mail messages. But this really becomes an issue, when you spend most of your time working in Favorite mail view as now you have to explicitly switch to Classic view.
Well in a few days this will be in the past. As I’ve decided to add notifications at the top when such an error happens.
There will be at most one bar per account displayed. And the text will change depending on when the error happened (send, receive, send and receive). Right now I don’t think that I should limit the number of displayed bars as most users have a small number of accounts.
If anyone would like to play with the colors e.g make it reddish, please let me know and I’ll give out the current ones.
Update 08.01.2010: This is now implemented in latest 1.2.x development builds.
20. April 2008
All forms that use upgraded GUI components are finally rechecked and I believe that build should be stable enough. This upgrade brought approx. 600 kiB siMail.exe file shrink and should also remove startup crash on some computers. In this build I also moved the last batch of form creation from the startup to the step they are actually needed this should made small improvements in startup time and memory consumption. I squeezed small improvement into the build and I’m really wondering if someone will find out what it is :).
What needs to be checked as result of component upgrade (1st one to report bugs should open a topic in bug section of the forum), for Items with exceptions could occur comment, please use Send bug functionality built in si.Mail:
- all forms – components not in menus and/or toolbars must use windows theming
- tabs in message/rss view behave a bit differently, some background code is changed (exceptions could occur)
- embedded import/export message/address book plug-ins are now Unicode aware (exceptions could occur)
- compose window e-mail input text box is Unicode aware (exceptions could occur)
- Forms (windows) which were moved (Address Book, Message Receivers, Server preview, Folder Properties) (exceptions could occur)