Any news?

Comments about application
luctur
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Jan 2007 10:10

Any news?

Postby luctur » 07 Jun 2007 12:23

Hello Miha and all,

I'm back too after a very busy job period and I'm curious: what is the release date for a new development build?

Then, I've seen that the wiki on the Cordia site is still active, but there's no main page. Since I don't want to break anything by changing pages without permission (in order to create documentation for si.Mail 1.0 , and so on), are there plans to provide that main page by the project maintainer (Miha) or volunteers can simply modify everything?

Finally, are there other volunteers that wish to help with such a wiki? :)

Regards,

Gianluca

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 884
Joined: 12 Jul 2003 21:15
Location: Kranj, Slovenia
Contact:

Postby mvrhov » 07 Jun 2007 13:36

I started a full time job in mid February, that's why there wasn't a new release for so long time (AFAIR almost 3 months).

AFAIR I have to fix a couple of bugs (around 5) and finish two features before I can release RC3, one feature is rather large rewrite of one part of automatic message indexing.

As for wiki. Just register and start writing :). And please post/upload screenshots in png format.
I'll also add link to wiki on the 1st page of project homepage.

Regarding 1st page just add links to first page (grouped by categories) and I'll reorder them if necessary.

Regards,
Miha

luctur
Posts: 33
Joined: 28 Jan 2007 10:10

Postby luctur » 07 Jun 2007 16:56

mvrhov wrote:I started a full time job in mid February, that's why there wasn't a new release for so long time (AFAIR almost 3 months).


A new full time job... That's a good thing! :)

mvrhov wrote:AFAIR I have to fix a couple of bugs (around 5) and finish two features before I can release RC3, one feature is rather large rewrite of one part of automatic message indexing.


I understand. However, can't you really give us a time line for RC3? ;)

mvrhov wrote:As for wiki. Just register and start writing :). And please post/upload screenshots in png format.
I'll also add link to wiki on the 1st page of project homepage.
Regarding 1st page just add links to first page (grouped by categories) and I'll reorder them if necessary.


Just done. I paste here the Wiki URI too, so if any doc writer volunteer is here around... :wink:

http://simail.cordia.si/index.php/Main_Page

I've added few things so far because I'm rather busy today, but I hope I'll be able to dedicate some time every day to this task. Of course, feel free to reorganize whatever you think it is needed.

Nevertheless, I'll try to keep pages and docs simple, and I'll ask here for help about si.Mail features explanations, because I'm new to it and I'm still exploring this software. :D

Regards,

Gianluca


Return to “General Discusion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest