Inquiry about Wildcard-based Message Rules

Comments about application
MCHALM

Inquiry about Wildcard-based Message Rules

Postby MCHALM » 25 Aug 2007 18:17

Hi there, Miha:

Thanks for your developing efforts.

The wilcard mail filter rules is an interesting concept. However, I couldn't manage to find any indication on how to use it. So could you please publish its syntax criteria? I tried things like *friendlymail.com, though it simply didn't work, that is, it did work, but the first filter took precedence over all others. For example, the user creates a filter named ACCEPTABLEMAIL and, under it, he adds a BEFORE DOWNLOAD wildcard rule for several addresses or domains [SENDER > MATCHES (WILDCARD) NOT - Filter Action => Delete]. If, among them, the first one is, say, *friendlymail.com (with OR for the following addresses or domains down the list), he will only be able to get messages whose sender matches *friendlymail.com, whereas all the others will be automatically deleted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inquiry about Wildcard-based Message Rules

Postby mvrhov » 01 Sep 2007 13:04

Sorry for late answer, but I was away on vacation for the past week.

The wildcard mail filter rules is an interesting concept. However, I couldn't manage to find any indication on how to use it.
Yeah I know as I'm sole developer and I'm doing everything in my spare time, creating application is 1st priority so both my applications lack documentation. I created wiki, but there really is not enough time to document functionality.

There are only two wildcards available and they have the same syntax as in old DOS or any POSIX OS.
  • * - >=0 caracters
  • ? - 0,1 characters

I'll take a look at filters implementation to see if there really is a bug.

Regards,
Miha

MCHALM

Re: Inquiry about Wildcard-based Message Rules

Postby MCHALM » 02 Sep 2007 13:31

Hi, Miha.

Ok, no problem about the delay.

I'll give a shot to your directions on filter rules wildcard usage and see how the program behaves.

I'll send you some feedback then.

Again, thanks for all.

Regards.

Return to “General Discusion”