glitches in 1.0.0.1510

Report bugs here
the V

glitches in 1.0.0.1510

Postby the V » 24 Jan 2008 22:57

Hi Miha,

here are some small problems I have (and I'm aware of :D) in the latest (1.0.0.1510) version.
Please note that I'm running Windows 2000 and si.Mail is set to Wide 2 layout.

I hope not to have posted something already known/investigated.

Should I find anything else in this version, I'll post it in this thread. 8)

1 - I compose a new message.
I'm typing the recipient address in the To: box (it doesn't matter if it's To: or BCC: etc.).
If it's a "known" address, it will be automatically completed after the first few characters. I then press Enter to accept the known address.
A new recipient box appears below.
From this point on, most of the times (but not always) the "focus" (highlighted colour of the field I'm typing in) remains frozen on the previous line, and the Enter key (in the line I'm typing in) doesn't work anymore; both for completing another known address and/or entering it and generating a new To: box below.
All of this while the cursor is flashing in the correct space and letters etc. are accepted.

To enter new recipients, I must then click outside and then back into the boxes.

This losing of focus and subsequent "sleeping" of the Enter key happens only (but not always) after a known address is displayed (proposed), with or without accepting it.
If I type fresh addresses and nothing is proposed for completion, I can normally enter many recipients, row after row, one after another without problems.

2 - In the text/plain visualization (both preview pane and double-clicked, new window), one empty line in the message body is rendered correctly.
Two or more empty lines disappear.
It doesn't matter if the message was composed with plain, html, or both.

Example (numbers indicates the empty lines which follow):

Code: Select all

test 0
test 1

test 2

test 3

last

is displayed:

Code: Select all

test 0
test 1

test 2
test 3
last

Notice that only after "test 1" it's ok.

3 - In the message window (both preview and new window), the "raw" visualization mode always lacks the horizontal scroll bar, even when there are lines exceeding the window/pane width.

4 - Restart the countdown to the next check, every time I manually check for new messages and the operation terminates successfully (without errors (timeouts etc.) or user interruptions).

At present, if the interval is set (for example) to 3 mins, and I manually check for new messages 2 mins after the last check, the next one will not happen in another 3 mins, but in 1 minute only: 3 mins from the last "automatic" check, regardless of what I've done in the meantime.

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: glitches in 1.0.0.1510

Postby mvrhov » 25 Jan 2008 07:01

:mrgreen:

2. This is by design. Only one two new lines are left if there is more than one. I've done this because some MUAs generate very ugly text/plain part of message from text/html. (Do we need an option or that in settings window? It's already a bit cramped :))
3. AFAIR I had a bit of problems if horizontal scrollbar was displayed.

I'll investigate other issues.

Regards,
Miha

the V

Postby the V » 25 Jan 2008 18:52

mvrhov wrote:I've done this because some MUAs generate very ugly text/plain part of message from text/html. (Do we need an option or that in settings window? It's already a bit cramped :))

I haven't seen what you describe (for lack of experience :oops:) but I agree and understand your choice.

At the same time, I think it's an ugly rendering, which worsens readability, especially when we have no other choices than to read in text/plain... which is true for plain text only messages.

I think you hinted the solution!
No new options needed :wink:

If the message contains html (which the program knows for sure when decideing which visualizations tabs to offer), render text/plain as it is doing now ("compression" of empty lines), since we'll mostly read/look at it in html, in the other tab.
If the message doesn't contain html, use the alternative, "faithful" display I suggested in my previous post.

mvrhov wrote:3. AFAIR I had a bit of problems if horizontal scrollbar was displayed.

Since it is working ok in the other, more complex visualizations, I thought it wasn't difficult to add, or it had just been forgotten :(

the V

Postby the V » 26 Apr 2008 15:27

I post here because the problem was already described.

In composing message, the Enter key (both regular and in the numeric keypad) has totally stopped working in the recipient text box :(, right from the first recipient.
Both with previously used (thus auto-completed) and brand new addresses.

I must click outside to let accept the address (and eventually type another one below).

I really wonder if there's some problem with my system because it seems such a too obvious error to be left uncorrected beofre releasing.

If you need me to test, please just ask

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 26 Apr 2008 16:42

Hi

There is a couple problems in recipients input part section of window as replaced the input component with Unicode aware one and also had to write some additional code. Will fix that as soon as I figure out what's eating the keystrokes.

Regards,
Miha

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 12 May 2008 22:21

Hi,

As you are probably using 1.2 :). Today's stable build fixes address input problems.

Regards,
Miha

the V

Postby the V » 13 May 2008 19:19

Perfect :D

Thanks

the V

Postby the V » 09 Jul 2008 17:58

Do you plan to leave the "text/plain" visualization the way which it actually is?
I receive and send mostly non-html messages and the readability (since obviously formatting, font styles etc. are already missing) is quite affected with "line compression". :?

Which are the MUAs you talk about, which generate a bad text/plain message part? Is that a frequent problem?
Soryy, my ignorance

the V wrote:
mvrhov wrote:I've done this because some MUAs generate very ugly text/plain part of message from text/html. (Do we need an option or that in settings window? It's already a bit cramped :))

I haven't seen what you describe (for lack of experience :oops:) but I agree and understand your choice.

At the same time, I think it's an ugly rendering, which worsens readability, especially when we have no other choices than to read in text/plain... which is true for plain text only messages.

I think you hinted the solution!
No new options needed :wink:

If the message contains html (which the program knows for sure when decideing which visualizations tabs to offer), render text/plain as it is doing now ("compression" of empty lines), since we'll mostly read/look at it in html, in the other tab.
If the message doesn't contain html, use the alternative, "faithful" display I suggested in my previous post.

mvrhov wrote:3. AFAIR I had a bit of problems if horizontal scrollbar was displayed.

Since it is working ok in the other, more complex visualizations, I thought it wasn't difficult to add, or it had just been forgotten :(

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 09 Jul 2008 19:19

No, just don't have a lot of spare time ATM. :(

Regards,
Miha

the V

Postby the V » 09 Jul 2008 20:11

I understand...

and what about a global tickbox/option to simply disable this "presenting" and just render plain/text in its original form?

Sorry for the abundance of my recent posts, but since you're planning to release... :wink:

Return to “Bug Reports”