send /queue message problem

Report bugs here
rolf

send /queue message problem

Postby rolf » 13 Feb 2008 18:00

Hi Miha,

I'm not sure if there is a bug , or if there is an problem with my installation, but I encountered a annoying problem with version .1530 of 02.02.2008.

Sometimes (not always) I press the send button, but the message only goes to unsent folder. Even when trying "send unsent messages", the program is busy, but nothing happens - message stays in "unsent". I have to close si.Mail down and start it up again, first then I can send unsent messages.
I'm very much aware of not confusing the "send right away" and the "queue message" button, because that was the first thing, that came to my mind - but it's the same thing when using CTRL-N (which I prefer)

It has happened a couple of times during the last days (well, maybe before, but I might not have noticed it).
As everything worked fine with version .1510, I will now "downgrade" and see what's happening.

Any ideas ?

Kind regards, Rolf

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: send /queue message problem

Postby mvrhov » 13 Feb 2008 21:36

Comparing versions could be very helpful. But I also might be a bug as I rewrote a lot task processing code in preparation of adding spam post processing task into the mix.

Regards,
Miha

rolf

Postby rolf » 13 Feb 2008 21:59

Hi Miha,

I did a "downgrade" an send some "spam" to a couple of my friends - well, after warning them :-)

But alas, no luck - the problem persists. So now I'm back with v. 1530 (after all, it' only the file simail.exe).
I did some investigations, and it seems (don't know for sure), that the thing happens more often when replying to a message, and especially when replying to a message composed in html (I use text only) - but that's not for sure, its only a more ore less qualified guess, base on my impression ...
The situation know: I can not send without shutting the program down and start over again ...
That's not good !
Is there (even at a wild guess) possibly something in my (system-)configuration, which can cause this strange behavior? Even if I don't remember changing anything in the last time - but you newer know with this thing from Redmond :-)
Any ideas, where i can begin to dig ?

Regards, Rolf

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 13 Feb 2008 23:08

Hi Rolf,

so just to confirm. The problem seems to be somewhere in task processing code. As this happens every time you try to sent unsent messages. (Message you are sending right away is basically unsent message as there is really just a small code difference)

Regards,
Miha

rolf

Postby rolf » 14 Feb 2008 07:48

Hi Miha,

-> exactly

Regards, Rolf

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 15 Feb 2008 19:04

Hi Rolf,

I have apologize for late response but I've been very busy for past few days. Any news on the issue or should I prepare test builds for you?

Regards,
Miha

rolf

Postby rolf » 15 Feb 2008 19:21

Hi Miha,

no worries - I'm quiet patient :-)

Alas, there is no good news - the problem persists.

I tried some investigations, and it seems, that the "unsending" most often happens, when replying to a message, and perhaps especially, when the message is in HTML (as mentioned before, I always send / reply in text only).

So, a test build would be highly appreciated !

Kind regards, Rolf

rolf

Postby rolf » 18 Feb 2008 00:21

Hi Miha,

the new version .1550 with calendar looks very promising - congratulations on that.

But unfortunately, the "sending" problem still is there in the new version. Is there - by any means - some hint about this problem? Can there be something i my configuration (system: Win XP pro / or si.mail), that can be the reason?

Kind regards, Rolf

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 17 Aug 2008 16:58

Hi Rolf,
could you try today's development build and tell me if the problem persists?

Regards,
Miha

rolf

Postby rolf » 17 Aug 2008 22:56

Hi Miha,
sorry to say, but development version of 17-08-08 will not send at all. Written message stucks in the "unsent" folder, and when downgrading to -1740 (my last version in use) it is send right away ...
I will try a bit more tomorrow.

Kind regards, Rolf

rolf

Postby rolf » 19 Aug 2008 11:52

Hi,

just to let you know, that everything works fine now. Don't know what happened in the first place, but now there are no longer problems sending mail right away / sending later.

Perhaps there was some conflict with my anti-virus, since there was an updated signaturfile in the meantime ...(just an idea)

But -1745 works fine now.

Regards, Rolf

Return to “Bug Reports”