looping crash

Report bugs here
the V

looping crash

Postby the V » 11 Jun 2008 20:19

Sorry but I've got a serious crash which prevents me from using flawlessly my main account (profile) anymore :cry:

I already sent you a couple of self generated bug reports.

I was replying to a message (thus, composing), plain+html format.
I copy/pasted, then, some lines from notepad. One was an URL.

Then something happened... the lower part of the message (the text of the original message I was replying to) got corrupted.
Almost every actually vanished, except a few random lines. (this issue deserves IMHO a topic apart).

I continued typing, then when I pushed "Send" the application crashed.
Sent the bug reports...

But the very bad thing is that now, EVERY time I start si.Mail, after the splash screen the "Compose message" window appears, filled with a draft of what I was typing, and si.Mail crashes again!
This residual message is not in the "Sent" folder, nor in the "Unsent" or "unfinished" or anywhere else including thrash.

I can close the application, restart or continue (it seems to works after that).
But every time I restart it, that message reappears and crashes. :(

I tried performing a complete reindex.
I can even successfully switch profiles, but every time I get back to my main one, it happens again, right at the start.
Oh, I also tried launching a different executable (latest beta version 1.2.0.1712) of si.Mail, without success (the behaviour is the same).

Another hint: the "Exit" command in the systray icon is always grayed out: I must terminate with Task Manager.

After switching to the other profile, systray Exit reappeared, but crashed the first time.
Then worked; then after switching back to the original profile, ==> Compose Window + crash.

Is there, somewhere, an option to turn off this "get back to what I was doing at time crash" behaviour?

What has got broken?

I apologize but as you might understand it's rather annoying.

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: looping crash

Postby mvrhov » 11 Jun 2008 22:13

Sorry but I've got a serious crash which prevents me from using flawlessly my main account (profile) anymore :cry:

I already sent you a couple of self generated bug reports.

Then something happened... the lower part of the message (the text of the original message I was replying to) got corrupted.
Almost every actually vanished, except a few random lines. (this issue deserves IMHO a topic apart).
Know issue I think I'm able to simulate it, but I'm unable to make small enough test case :( to send report to the author of the editor component.
Best thing to do is use sent later button on toolbar and then re-open message again.
But the very bad thing is that now, EVERY time I start si.Mail, after the splash screen the "Compose message" window appears, filled with a draft of what I was typing, and si.Mail crashes again!
This residual message is not in the "Sent" folder, nor in the "Unsent" or "unfinished" or anywhere else including thrash. .. cut..
This is autosaved message. They are located in .\Profiles\<profile name>\Mail\<account name>\AutoSave
Oh, I also tried launching a different executable (latest beta version 1.2.0.1712) of si.Mail, without success (the behaviour is the same)
This one Is older and has less bugfixes than latest stable.
I apologize but as you might understand it's rather annoying.
No worries :)

Regards,
Miha

the V

Postby the V » 12 Jun 2008 01:03

mvrhov wrote:This is autosaved message. They are located in .\Profiles\<profile name>\Mail\<account name>\AutoSave

Thank you very much (especially for the prompt reply)! It fixed my problem.
:wink:

mvrhov
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mvrhov » 17 Aug 2008 11:28

mvrhov wrote:

Know issue I think I'm able to simulate it, but I'm unable to make small enough test case :( to send report to the author of the editor component.
Finally squashed this one. Will be fixed in today's development build.

Regards,
Miha

Return to “Bug Reports”