Nokia Ovi to Android SMS convert utility
Nokia2AndroidSMS is a small application that allows you to convert SMS messages from Nokia Ovi datafiles into an xml file supported by SMS Backup & Restore Android application.
Process for transferring SMS messages to your new Android Phone is the following.
Nokia phone side:
- Install Nokia OVI, version 2.1 is required (You don’t need the OVI account!). I you have newer version installed you need to uninstall it first and than manually delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nokia
- synchronize messages from your phone with OVI
- Disconnect your Nokia Phone and close the Nokia OVI application. WATCH OUT. Noia OVI likes to minimize to system tray please be sure you really closed the application
- Download Nokia2AndroidSMS and extract it to any directory.
- Run Nokia2AndroidSMS.exe
- The application should automatically find all datastores created by Nokia OVI and automatically select the 1st one.
- If it should fail to detect datastores you’ll have to find it by yourself, you can either drag and drop datastore file from Windows Explorer onto the Nokia2AndroidSMS window or use the Open button to find it.
- You can change the datastore in the 1st selection list if there is more than one
- If you have more than one phone in the datastore than you can select for which you’d like to export the messages, they are listed by their IMEI number.
- Press Convert button and you should get an xml file in the same folder you extracted Nokia2AndroidSMS to
- WATCH OUT: If you get: “Failed to load DLL library. System error number was 126.“ Antivirus probably prevented proper extraction of archive, so you need to extract it again and/or disable antivirus when extracting. The most problematic AV software found was Bitdefender.
- Install SMS Backup & Restore
- Connect the phone onto the PC (You MUST select Disk drive as connection type)
- Copy the xml file into the SMSBackupRestore Folder on the phone, create it if it’s not already there
- Run SMS Backup & Restore and import messages.
Mandatory screenshot 🙂
If you like what you see you can make a donation.